Photocopying and Printing
- Photocopying and printing facilities are provided at all library sites
- You need a valid student/staff card to operate this facility.
- Only two library sites offer colour copying, City and Brickfield Libraries.
- Detailed notices on how to operate the machines and load money is found in each library near the machines. Should you have difficulty do not hesitate to contact circulation staff for assistance.
In order to make use of the facilities, deposit money on your student/staff card.
Costs: R0.40 per A4 size and R0.80 for A3;
For colour R2.00 for A4 and R3.00 for A3.
The cash acceptor machines accept denominations in the following:
Coins: 50c, R1.00, R2.00, R5.00
Paper: R10-00, R20-00, R50-00, R100-00, R200-00
Should you require change this is available at the University cashiers. The Library does not provide change for photocopying or printing.
- Swipe the card at the cash acceptor which is located in the Library
- Read the screen for instructions
- Insert money
- Read screen for confirmation of amount
- Press FINISH button
- Collect receipt
If your card is faulty and does not want to load, you must go to Protection Services to have the card encoded
To Make a Photocopy
- Select 1 on the terminal
- Swipe your card downwards, with the magnetic strip facing to the right
- Confirm that there are sufficient funds to make the required number of copies
- Lift the copier lid and place the page to be copied face down on the glass
- Press the START button on the copier
- Once you have completed making copies, press the FINISH button on the terminal
To Print to the Photocopier
- From the application on the computer, select FILE, then PRINT
- Please select Konica Minolta from the list of available printers, if it is not the default printer.
- Select OK
- A window will pop up.
- Next to User Name: type in your Student Number
- Next to Password, type in your DUT Student Portal password.
- Press “2” on the keypad of the terminal
- Swipe your student card
- The name of the document will scroll across the screen
- Press ENTER
- Press “1” to print the document, or “2” to delete the document
- Follow the same procedure for the remaining documents.
- If you have several documents in the queue and want them all printed, after swiping your student/staff card, press FUNCTION and then YES – all the documents will be printed
A separate scanner is available in all libraries except at the M.L. Sultan campus.
There is no charge for scanning from this unit.
Find notices of instructions for scanning in the libraries that provide this service or contact circulation staff for assistance.
All users who make photocopies are expected to adhere to the SA Copyright Act 98 of 1978 (as amended). Complying with copyright law at self-service machines is the responsibility of the library user and not the Library or the University.